Hello - Daisy in a frame hand coloured 7x5in card
Hi Craft addicts!
I haven't posted anything for a while but thought I better do one otherwise you might forget me lol.
For this 7x5in card, I used the Dainty Daisy stamp collection from the For the Love of Stamps set (from Hunkydory) along with some Altenew and Tim Holtz Distress inks and a die from Spellbinders.
How I made this card:-
- I had some of the Hunkydory matts and layers (they do them in Oval, Round and Square) and wanted to use them so first of all took the largest of the oval white matt and cut the frame out using a Spellbinders die.
- Whilst still in the die, I coloured it using the "Warm and Cosy" inks from Altenew (they are beautiful Orange shades) along with a bit of yellow in the centre (though I left the middle white).
- I also used a fineliner pen to add some faux stitching around the edge and then took it out.
- I repeated the process with the "Hello" sentiment from the "Dainty Daisy" stamp collection (For the Love of Stamps from Hunkydory do a brilliant range now) and stamped it using Black Onyx Versafine ink.
- For the daisy, I used the middle stamp again using Versafine and then coloured it using some Zig Clean Color water based pens - they are also great as they blend really easily.
- I then matt and layered them on to a couple of the gold layers and put them aside whilst I prepared the card itself.
- I used the "Party" and "Dainty Daisy" masks and edged either side of the card using the Orange inks - masking off both the card and stencil so that it didn't smudge etc - I used a darker colour for the inner border.
- I then stamped the smaller of the daisies either side in black, along with some faux stitching linking them all.
- I also used the larger the daisies in the mask and coloured it on to the bottom of the card.
- Finally, I added both the main topper and sentiment to the card and there you are... one very bright and cheerful card...
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 7" x 5" white tent fold card (from Creative Crafting World)
- Dainty Daisy stamp collection from Hunkydory
- Dainty Daisy mask again from Hunkydory
- Party mask from Hunkydory
- Fancy oval die from Spellbinders
- Gold oval matts and white layers from Hunkydory
- Versafine Onyx Black ink pad
- Warm and Cosy Orange shades ink pads from Altenew
- Mustard Seed mini ink pad from Tim Holtz Distress inks
- Yellow and Orange Zig Clean Color real brush pens
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Create and Craft Tape pen