Vampires, Pumpkins and bats....
Hi Craft addicts!
Well it is a long time since I last wrote a post about the cards I make and so I thought it about time I did one!
I had great fun making this one as it was not too difficult and I was able to use various stamps and Distress Inks (I really want to get some Tim Holtz Distress Oxides inks as they look great!).
- I had had this pink 6" window triple aperture card for ages and it was beginning to fade a bit so I decided to cut the 3rd flap off and make it a normal card.
- I first of all used the apertures to draw boxes on the inside of the card and then added a border around the front of the card. I then coloured the inside of this border using Tim Holtz "Picked Raspberry" and "Festive Berries" distress inks.
- I then used the "Halloween" stamps from Hunkydory's "For the Love of STamps" series and added the Bat, Monster, Dracula and Pumpkin to each of the boxes inside the card (I kept the card closed so i could make sure that they were all in the right place and then coloured them in using Zig Clean Color Pens (they are brilliant as the brush is really fine so you can get into the smallest of areas).
- Once they were dry, I then used the "Spider's Web" stamp and stamped the corners - I wasn't too worried about how well they came out as I think it adds to the effect and then used the tiny "Black cat" to each corner.
- Finally I added the "Happy Halloween" sentiment to the middle of each side using Versafine Onyx Black ink,
- And there you are - one fun and easy Halloween card....
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 6" Pink hammered window aperture card
- Halloween stamps from the For the Love of Stamps collections by Hunkydory
- Versafine Onyx Black ink pad
- Picked Raspberry and Festive BerriesTim Holtz Distress inks
- Zig Clean Color real brush pens
- Black fineliner pen